Contacting New York Times Customer Service Center
The New York Times is a print and digital publication based in New York City. The paper is available in US, Global and Chinese editions. Like most print newspapers today, there is an online digital site with free and paid access.Click here to leave a comment about your customer service experience.
Phone Contact Numbers
In the digital age, phone numbers are quickly being replaced with online forms and email addresses. We were able to find a few important customer service phone numbers, but not as many as we expected from a huge publication like the New York Times.
- Customer Service (Home Delivery): 1-800-698-4637
- Customer Service (International Herald): 1-212-556-7194
- Comments, Suggestions and Error Reports: 1-888-698-6397
- Public Editor: 1-212-556-7652
- Advertise with the Times: 1-800-238-4637
- Celebration Announcements: 1-212-556-7325
- Corporate Programs: 1-800-753-7795
- College and University Programs: 1-866-776-3698
If you need to contact the New York Times customer service department, you can send your letter to:
New York TimesCustomer Service Department620 Eighth Ave. New York, NY 10018
Letters to the editor can also be sent to this address as long as they are addressed to the ATTN: Letters to the Editor in place of Customer Service Department. All letters to the editor should be 150 words or less. The address and telephone number of the writer must accompany all letters. The New York Times will edit some letters before publication.
The main website for the New York Times newspaper is http://www.nytimes.com. This website is the digital portal for readers and the page where subscribers and register for and log in to their online account. Much of the news and information published in the print paper is available on the official website, but some is reserved for digital and print subscribers only.
Customer Service Email
Customer service emails are available for some of the most important departments and people in the New York Times family.
- Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Vice President of Circulation: email@example.com
- Advertising: Kerrie@nytimes.com
- Executive Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managing Editor: email@example.com
- Publisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
- President: email@example.com
Letters to the editor are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your letters to 1-212-556-3622.
When we called the New York Times we were happy to find out that we could have the paper delivered to our home by mail. The automated system is designed to keep callers in the system without ever talking to a customer service representative. If you are calling for home delivery customer service press 1 (0 does not bypass the system). You will be given additional options. You can press 0 twice to bypass the options. We were on hold for less than 10 seconds before our call was answered.