Contacting Duke Energy Customer Service Center
Duke Energy is a major electric company that merged with Progress Energy in 2012. Duke Energy supplies customers in Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Florida with energy. Some customers may receive power from Progress Energy and others from Duke Energy but both are essentially the same company.
Phone Contact Numbers
Customer service is available by phone for the division of Duke Energy or Progress Energy in each state.
- Indiana: 1-800-521-2232
- Kentucky: 1-800-544.6900
- North Carolina (Duke): 1-800-777-9898
- North Carolina (Progress): 1-800-452-2777
- Ohio: 1-800-544-6900
- South Carolina (Duke): 1-800-777-9898
- South Carolina (Progress): 1-800-452-2777
- Florida (Progress): 1-800-700-8744
You can send correspondence to each of the states to contact Duke Energy or Progress Energy.
Duke Energy – Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio
1000 E. Main St.
Mail Drop WP 890
Plainfield, IN 46168
Duke Energy – North Carolina, South Carolina
P.O. Box 1090
Charlotte, NC 28201-1090
Progress Energy – North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida
P.O. Box 1551
Raleigh, NC 27602-1551
The main official website for Duhttp://www.duke-energy.comke Energy is http://www.duke-energy.com. From there you can choose your state and find the specific website where contact information and log ins are available for your state. If you are in a state covered by Progress Energy you’ll have to visit https://www.progress-energy.com instead.
Customer Service Email
There are contact email forms for each state that offers energy from Duke Energy or Progress Energy.
- Indiana: https://www.duke-energy.com/contact/email-indiana.asp
- Kentucky: https://www.duke-energy.com/contact/email-kentucky.asp
- North Carolina (Duke): https://www.duke-energy.com/contact/email-north-carolina.asp
- North Carolina (Progress): https://www.progress-energy.com/carolinas/secureforms/support/contact-us/contactus.page?
- Ohio: https://www.duke-energy.com/contact/email-ohio.asp
- South Carolina (Duke): https://www.duke-energy.com/contact/email-south-carolina.asp
- South Carolina (Progress): https://www.progress-energy.com/carolinas/secureforms/support/contact-us/contactus.page?
- Florida (Progress): https://www.progress-energy.com/florida/secureforms/support/contact-us/contactus.page?
We chose the Indiana number to test Duke Energy customer service. You cannot press 0 to bypass the automated system. Press 4 – 4 – 2 – 2 to reach the billing department. Your phone number will be read to you. If you need to change the phone number associated with the account press 2 if not press 1. If you don’t press anything, the call will be transferred to a customer service agent after the automated voice repeats the options three times. We waited on hold for a Duke Energy customer service agent for 2:14. We talked with Stacy about how to apply for service with Duke Energy. She walked us through the process with clear, concise instructions.