Contacting REI Customer Service Center
REI is a membership-based sporting goods company established in 1938 by a group of friends who loved the outdoors. The company is a cooperative, which means everyone in the company is part owner. A lifetime membership to REI costs just $20 and each year that members stay active, they receive a dividend credit of about 10% on eligible purchases they’ve made throughout the year. You must make a purchase of $10 or more, once per year to maintain active membership to qualify for the dividend return.Click here to leave a comment about your customer service experience.
Phone Contact Numbers
Being a customer-owned company means providing customer service the owners want. Agents are available by phone from 4 A.M. To 11 P.M. PST seven days a week. The company is closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and Easter.
- Customer Service US and Canada: 1-800-426-4840
- International Calls: 1-253-891-2500
- Fax: 1-253-891-2523
The mailing address for REI is simple:
REISumner, WA 98352-0001
There is no mention of whether or not this is the same address customers can use to return merchandise, so we clicked over to the returns page to find out. When returning items to REI, you have to be a bit more detailed about the address. UPS returns must be sent to the physical address, which gives us a fantastic second customer service mailing address.
REI1700 45th St E. Sumner, WA 98352
The main address for the official REI website is http://www.rei.com. From the main page customers can purchase a membership, shop for branded outdoor products or find an REI product to meet their needs. There is just one price listed for each item. That price is the member price as you have to be a member of REI to make a purchase online or in stores.
Customer Service Email
The customer service email forms to contact REI are spread out over multiple pages. This is because there is a different link for each email subject. We’ve listed the links here for easy access.
- Gear: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/gear.html
- Orders: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/ordering.html
- International Orders: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/international-ordering.html
- Membership: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/membership.html
- Privacy: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/privacy.html
- Gift Registry: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/gift-registry.html
- Safety and Recalls: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/recall.html
- REI Adventures: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/travel.html
- Other: http://www.rei.com/help/feedback/service.html
The REI customer service line allows customers to press 0 to direct the call to a customer service agent. You have to have your membership number to speak with a representative about order and customer service information. We asked the agent about the REI membership and transferring the membership to a family member. The agent told us that anyone can use our member number to order online, but the membership could not be transferred.