Contacting Thrifty Car Rental Customer Service Center
Thrifty Car Rental began in the late 1950’s as a small car rental company and subsequently became one of the largest car rental companies in the United States. The company has more than 1,000 locations in 68 countries worldwide. A focus of the company is customer service. The company provides several options so customers can reach either the customer service department or the corporate headquarters.
Customers can contact the customer support team by phone, email, traditional mail or through social media. We included contact information for Dollar Rent-A-Car, considering the company is the sister company of Thrifty Car Rental and part of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
Phone Contact Numbers
- Blue Chip Rewards: 1-888-400-8877
- Reservations: 1-800-847-4389
- Reservations (International): 1-918-669-2168
- Violations: 1-888-683-6403
- Customer assistance: 1-800-800-5252
- Express Member reservations: 1-866-776-6667
- Express Member Support: 1-866-776-6667
- Business Support: 1-800-331-3550
- Roadside Assistance: 1-800-235-9393
- Travel agent assistance: 1-800-800-5774
- Reservations: (UK): +44 (0) 20 3468 7685
- Reservations (Germany/Austria): +49 302 432 63568
- Reservations (Ireland): 1 800 515 800
- Customer Service (Ireland): +353 1 844 1990
- Customer service (Canada): 1-866-434-2226
Thrifty Rent A Car, Inc.P.O. Box 33167Tulsa, OK 74153-1167
Visit the official Thrifty Car Rental website http://www.thrifty.com/ in order to rent vehicles, review the inventory of cars, sign up for the Blue Chip rewards program and plan a business trip or a personal trip. Customers needing information relating to questions and concerns should visit the customer care page.
In order to locate contact information relating to specific locations across the United States, customers should visit http://www.thrifty.com/Locations.aspx/. The only information needed is the city, state or zip-code.
Customer Service Email
Customers can contact the customer service department by using the feedback form http://www.thrifty.com/CustomerCare/content/MediaInquiries.aspxin the event they do not have a question or concern relating to an account. We asked information relating to the hours of operation. The information was not available on the website.
Additional ways to contact the customer support team include:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThriftyCarRental
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thriftycars
- Hearing Impaired: InternetHelpDesk@thrifty.com
Contacting Thrifty Car Rental was a taxing experience. We called and the automated system repeated the same options multiple times prior to transferring the call to the customer support team. When we finally spoke with a live agent, we were immediately placed on hold. We waited in excess of 5 minutes before we were able to voice our concerns. We simply wanted information relating to canceling a reservation and receiving a refund. The agent explained customers had to cancel the reservation a minimum of 24 hours before the date to ensure a proper refund.
A 10 second answer should not take 10 minutes. We feel as if Thrifty Car Rental let us down in the customer service department. How did you feel after your contacted the customer service department? We would love you hear your feedback. Share your story below.