Contacting MTV Customer Service Center
MTV is the cable television station that started a music revolution. When the station first started broadcasting musicians were just getting into the whole music video scene. As MTV became more and more popular, artists started spending more and more on videos and soon the world of music changed forever. Today, creating music videos is an art that requires huge amounts of money, directors, producers and hours spent on set, but MTV has expanded to more than music videos. The channel also funds original movies, television shows and reality TV. MTV is a Viacom company.
Phone Contact Numbers
You will have quite a bit of trouble finding an MTV phone number, which we found interesting because some shows encourage fans to call in. You will have to call Viacom, the company that owns MTV.
- Customer Service: 1-212-258-6000
There is a long list of press contacts available for directors and assistants associated with various shows on MTV. That list is available on the Press Contacts.
MTV does not offer a mailing address, but there is an address for the Viacom company that owns MTV.
Viacom Inc. 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036
The official website for MTV is located at http://www.mtv.com. The site is laden with forum-style customer service and communication. You can sort through all MTV has to offer in terms of feedback, help and support via the links found at the bottom of the page.
- Site Feedback: http://community.mtv.com/Content/Discussions/DiscussionResults.aspx?tcid=22916
- Suggestions: http://community.mtv.com/Content/Discussions/DiscussionResults.aspx?tcid=22922
- Community Feedback: http://community.mtv.com/Content/Discussions/DiscussionResults.aspx?tcid=22921
- Technical Support: http://community.mtv.com/Content/Discussions/DiscussionResults.aspx?tcid=22920
- Need Help with Online Safety and Security: http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/legal/tips_and_resources.jhtml
- Close Captioning Help: http://media.viacom.com/accessibility/
Customer Service Email
You can contact Viacom by email using the contact form at http://www.viacom.com/Contact/Pages/default.aspx, but that won’t put you in direct contact with MTV.
When we contacted the customer service team at MTV, we wanted to know the best way top contact the customer support division in a mobile based world. The agent explained the customer service team is available during normal business hours by phone, but a customer service agent provides assistance through social media 24/7.
So, to answer our question, customers have a better chance to connect with the customer service department on the Facebook page or the Twitter page. Overall great experience. Was your experience similar? Share your thoughts with us.