Contacting Chase Customer Service Center
Chase is a part of the JP Morgan Chase company, which accounts for more than $2 trillion in customer money and investments. Chase handles the finance and banking side of the business. There are Chase Banks all over the United States.
Chase bank is good about sharing contact information, but the bank is involved in so many different financial services that the list seems endless. We’ve listed all the major phone numbers for the bank, but the mailing addresses are for personal banking purposes only. The general contact form is the same for all banking inquiries.
Phone Contact Numbers
Check this list for the department you’re looking to contact. We tested the main customer service line and reviewed that service. There is a good chance that Chase Bank operates more than one customer service call center. The agents that answer your calls are not in the physical bank.
- Auto Finance Loans: 1-800-336-6675
- Auto Finance Lease: 1-800-227-5151
- Auto Finance (New Accounts): 1-800-242-7324
- Consumer Banking (Current Accounts): 1-800-935-9935
- TDD Consumer Banking: 1-800-242-7383
- Consumer Banking (New Accounts): 1-877-682-4273
- Personal Credit Cards: 1-800-432-3117
- TDD Personal Credit Cards: 1-800-955-8060
- Business Credit Cards: 1-888-269-8690
- TDD Business Credit Card: 1-800-955-8060
- Student Loans: 1-800-487-4404
- Home Equity Products: 1-800-836-5656
- Investment Banking: 1-800-392-5749
- Retirement Banking: 1-800-935-9935
- Mortgages: 1-800-848-9136
- Online Banking: 1-877-242-7372
- Online Banking (Outside the US): 1-713-262-3300
- TDD Online Banking: 1-800-242-7383
- Commercial Banking: 1-877-226-0071
- Business Banking: 1-800-242-7338
Customer service hours for each of these lines are different. Most of the consumer lines are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We’ve listed the two mailing addresses for the personal banking side of Chase Bank.
National Bank by Mail
P.O. Box 36520
Louisville, KY 40233-6520
National Bank By Mail – Physical Deliveries
Mail Code KY1-0900
6714 Grade Lane Bldg.
Louisville, KY 40213
Chase’s official website at https://www.chase.com is a secure site, so the information shared in your account and via the email form is secure. That means the information is safe and customers can feel comfortable asking banking questions without information being accessible from anywhere by anyone.
You can also contact Chase on Twitter @ChaseSupport.
Customer Service Email
There is a secure customer service email form that Chase Bank customers can use if they log in to your account. If you do not have an account you can use the general customer service email form.
Contacting Chase was rather easy. We endured the automated system for less than 1 minute and subsequently pressed 0 to speak with a customer service representative. When we spoke with the agent, she was friendly and professional. Due to privacy laws, the representative was not able to provide specific details of accounts. We simply asked the locations of Chase in our local area. The representative provided the information, as well as directed us to the website for further assistance.
The experience was good, but did you feel the same way when communicating with Chase customer service? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.