Contacting CenterPoint Energy Customer Service Center
CenterPoint Energy provides energy to customers in Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi and Oklahoma. The company conveniently lists all contact information on the same page so you don’t have to search around multiple websites.
Phone Contact Numbers
Choose the customer service phone number in your area.
- Arkansas: 1-800-992-7552
- Houston, TX (Gas): 1-800-752-8036
- Houston, TX (Electric): 1-800-332-7143
- Louisiana (North): 1-866-275-5252
- Louisiana (South): 1-800-477-0177
- Minnesota: 1-800-245-2377
- Mississippi: 1-800-371-5417
- Oklahoma: 1-866-275-5265
- Texas (Beaumont): 1-800-376-9663
- Texas (East Texas): 1-800-259-5544
- Texas (South Texas): 1-800-427-7142
There are multiple addresses listed for mailing payments, but customers don’t want a letter of praise or complaint getting lost amid thousands of payment letters. If you need to contact CenterPoint Energy customer service by mail it is best to use the corporate address.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
P.O. Box 4567
Houston, TX 77210
If you’d like to sent your letter to the physical address for the company try:
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
1111 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002
The official site for CenterPoint Energy is located at http://www.centerpointenergy.com/home. This main page is the starting point for all company locations. There is one general log in at the top right of the page. This is where you sign in to your account or register for new account access. If you need contact information, click the Contact Us link at the top of the page.
Customer Service Email
There is an email form link for each of the divisions of CenterPoint Energy. Choose the location nearest you, if you like in Texas, or the state where you receive service. You’ll need to fill out your account number, meter number, name and email address to send the form. You can also choose to add your phone number if you want a call back from CenterPoint Energy customer service.
- Arkansas: http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/AR/
- Houston, TX (Gas): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/HO/
- Louisiana (North): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/LA/
- Louisiana (South): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/LA/
- Minnesota: http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/MN/
- Mississippi: http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/MS/
- Oklahoma: http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/OK/
- Texas (Beaumont): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/TX/
- Texas (East Texas): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/TX/
- Texas (South Texas): http://www.centerpointenergy.com/services/naturalgas/residential/customerservice/contactus/TX/
We chose to call the first number on the list of CenterPoint customer service lines (Arkansas) to test out the company’s automated system. As soon as the call was answered we pressed 0 to skip the options. We were asked for an account number. You cannot press 0 to skip this part of the call. We chose not to press any of the options to reach customer service and the call was eventually transferred, so non-customers can reach a customer service representative.